Jump to content
Daniel

RAD Studio 10.3.3 now available

Recommended Posts

See

https://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new-in-10-3-rio

 

Most important new features:

  • Delphi Android 64-bit support
  • iOS 13 and macOS Catalina (Delphi) Support
  • RAD Server Docker Deployment
  • Enterprise Connectors in Enterprise & Architect Edition

see http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/10.3_Rio_-_Release_3 for details.

 

List of fixed Bugs:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/New_features_and_customer_reported_issues_fixed_in_RAD_Studio_10.3.3

 

Download and general information:

https://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/whats-new-in-10-3-rio

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Was there a 10.3.1 or 10.3.2 Community Edition?

No but I assumed since this is the last major update before a new major version (10.4), they might wish to surprise the community. :wishfulthinking:

Share this post


Link to post

That makes me assume there will be no new Community Edition until 10.4.0

I was wrong about this.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

AFAIK the CE will always be the latest available release. So if you get a brand new CE today you should get 10.3.3 - at least that is what the Feature Matrix suggests.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

@Uwe Raabe Yes, I just upgraded my Delphi CE 10.3.2 to 10.3.3, a serial number is the same. The problem is a product license status: 2 days remaining on license.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Kryvich said:

The problem is a product license status: 2 days remaining on license.

So, when did you get that serial number and when did install the CE with that serial number for the first time?

 

IIRC, all CE serial numbers are only valid for one year. 

Share this post


Link to post

Backup first!

 

Install attempt using `delphicbuilder10_3_3_7899_nt.iso` actually removed Rio.

 

The first screen was kind of suspicious:

image.thumb.png.a5adf7eecd54c619c447fe9f1bfe7105.png

 

Edited by FredS

Share this post


Link to post

I am not sure about the ISO installer, but the Web Installer also removes Rio before installing the new version. At least it asks you to confirm before doing so. Perhaps the ISO installer requires you to do that manually.

Share this post


Link to post

Downloaded web installer. Got new license key for CE in email. Now I have 10.3.3 CE with two days left.

 

The license manager UI still buggy btw - when you navigate the leftmost listbox with the arrow keys up and down. You need to click with the mouse on the items, to see the corresponding license details in the middle, which is relevant for the actions on the right. But there is no action reading 'extend license for one more year' or similar.

 

RSP-16220 ('code navigation is blocked inside MACOS blocks') still reproducible, contrary to what they say. 💎

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Perhaps the ISO installer requires

I checked for installation instructions and found none, attempted an install and failed.

Enough new EMB tech for now.. 🙂

 

BTW: Its difficult to compare previous installers since they change (and fail) frequently but in the last few ISO versions it prompted for an uninstall before installing.

 

Will see how that goes on my laptop later, its setup using 'Web Installer'..

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

That one came quickly ... looks like we have the first patch available for 10.3.3:

 

ID: 30899, RAD Studio 10.3.3 iOS 13 Dark Theme Patch

This patch addresses the following issues:
Applications built for iOS 13 with RAD Studio 10.3.3 require the user to restart their FireMonkey iOS application on their iOS device after switching between the iOS light and dark theme in iOS settings. 

 

Download:

https://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30899

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I tested building all our code, and luckily no surprises there.

Delphi 10.3.3, TMS 9.03, Eurekalog 7.8.1.
 
Actually running the code is next 😛
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/21/2019 at 7:51 AM, Uwe Raabe said:

So, when did you get that serial number and when did install the CE with that serial number for the first time?

 

IIRC, all CE serial numbers are only valid for one year. 

So from what I've been hearing, when the year is up the user is going to have to uninstall the old CE, get a new license (if they're still offering it) and then install the new CE and all of their components over again. At least that's what the understanding is without any official comment to the contrary.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes, also to my knowledge that is the way to go. After a year, you will usually get a new version, which requires the installation of the components anyway. It is just that 10.3 will probably outlive that one year limit before the 10.4 release. Definitely Plans have been different one year ago.

 

BTW, you are not forced to clean the registry when uninstalling (the uninstaller will ask). That will keep your components and settings in place. At the end there is still the migration tool to save and restore settings.

Share this post


Link to post

My CE licence ran out on Sunday, so this morning the licence wizard appears, I tried to download the new version but I received an email saying:

 

'Our records show that you have previously obtained a trial license for this product and version. A trial license can be issued only once. If you would like to extend the product evaluation, please contact Embarcadero Support'

 

I have never downloaded a trial, only the CE version, so I have asked support for a new CE licence, if nothing comes then I guess it will be time to move to Visual Studio, I only use Delphi for personal and hobby applications so I can't afford the price of a commercial licence.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Andy Vines said:

My CE licence ran out on Sunday, so this morning the licence wizard appears, I tried to download the new version but I received an email saying:

 

'Our records show that you have previously obtained a trial license for this product and version. A trial license can be issued only once. If you would like to extend the product evaluation, please contact Embarcadero Support'

 

I have never downloaded a trial, only the CE version, so I have asked support for a new CE licence, if nothing comes then I guess it will be time to move to Visual Studio, I only use Delphi for personal and hobby applications so I can't afford the price of a commercial licence.

You can give Lazarus and FreePascal a try, at least that's what I do these days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good / Great news: Some problems with Regular Expressions in 10.3.2 are not appearing in 10.3.3 so this is a good bugfix update! 

 

Bad news: A Datasnap Rest Application Server compiled with 10.2 Tokyo is working very good for months without restart, compiled with 10.3.3 it answers with different REST / JSON encoding so client apps don't work any more !

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, microtronx said:

Good / Great news: Some problems with Regular Expressions in 10.3.2 are not appearing in 10.3.3 so this is a good bugfix update! 

 

Bad news: A Datasnap Rest Application Server compiled with 10.2 Tokyo is working very good for months without restart, compiled with 10.3.3 it answers with different REST / JSON encoding so client apps don't work any more !

Can you describe in what way the Json encoding differs?  Json examples would be good!

Even better would be small self-contained compilable example that demonstrates the difference between 10.2.x and 10.3.x

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Can you describe in what way the Json encoding differs?  Json examples would be good!

Even better would be small self-contained compilable example that demonstrates the difference between 10.3.2 and 10.3.3.

The Rest-Application's difference is between Tokyo and Rio. I'll try to isolate that at a later time ...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×