Lars Fosdal

11.2 Patch 1 is out

Just to be sure: The patch does not fix the path issue automatically, correct? Because after installing the patch, the path was fixed (or never has been broken).

No, the Win64 path issue is not fixed by the patch, you have to manually patch the registry or change the library path, just done it, so ICS packages can again be built.

Angus

• Thanks 1

And if I install 11.2 now, I have still to install the patch and do the fix, because there is no updated install file?

1 hour ago, omnibrain said:

And if I install 11.2 now, I have still to install the patch and do the fix, because there is no updated install file?

The installer will probably only be updated when (if) a 11.3 release comes out. Just run the installer and then check the IDE about dialog. Mine shows build  28.0.46481.1287 after the patch was installed.

Why is it that if I didn't come to the Praxis site, I wouldn't know there was a patch?

Which brings me to a point I have wanted to bring up for a while: Is https://blogs.embarcadero.com/  still the site where everyone is supposed to go to see what is going on in the Rad Studio world?  There is nothing happening there for months.  Nothing on 11.2 let alone a patch.  Or is there some other Embarcadero site to keep on top of things?

Edited by Gord P
mistake
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gord P said:

Why is it that if I didn't come to the Praxis site, I wouldn't know there was a patch?

I agree.. it's rather odd to receive promotional emails but not for notifications about updates/patches.

10 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

it's rather odd to receive promotional emails but not for notifications about updates/patches.

You need more patience:

image.thumb.png.e54622f9239dd0ab6dc47f6c9ba89d9d.png

• Like 1