Lars Fosdal

The GetIt server is back online - With the 12.0 Patch 1

Please note: Only the 12.0 Athens GetIt server has been restored at this point in time (Feb. 7th).

https://blogs.embarcadero.com/getit-update-additional-rad-studio-12-getit-packages-are-now-available/

https://blogs.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-12-athens-patch-1-available/

List of QP issues addressed in the patch:
RSP-44063    Bug in MOD operation for Win64 Release configuration
RSP-43656    [REGRESSION] Wrong codegen when passing empty open array to operator overload
RSP-43568    Issue with TURI.Query Changed adding an equal sign to the URL ends with ?WSDL
RSP-43551    When MDI form & Custom Styles are used together, the Process cannot be terminated.
RSP-43547    New VisualManager feature causes crash in TCustomForm.WndProc() with Action=caFree
RSP-43515    No event OnCameraDidFinishTaking for TTakePhotoFromCameraAction
RSP-43494    Event OnValidate fails when the DBGrid is full - AGAIN!
RSP-43463    JSON serialization error with scientific double notation
RSP-43459    TEdit.FilterChar crash app on Android
RSP-43422    NetHttpClient parsing URL parameters is incorrect
RSP-43418    Wrong Delphi code optimization for integer div/mod
RSP-43407    The Delphi compiler in RAD Studio 12 is no longer able to resolve standard types by their aliases when generates HPP files for a BPL package with components if the referenced types are declared in other units
RSP-43383    Delphi 12 Android TEdit error
RSP-43362    [iOS] TListView set search visible to True, the system will crash when clicking into the search area.
RSP-43326    Blob reading is broken for 64-bit platforms in dbExpress
RSP-43318    Incorrect ShortCut in TActionList
RSP-43311    TSQLTimeStampOffset problems with Firebird 4
RSP-43299    TFlowLayout exception when all its elements are set to invisible
RSP-43274    Arithmetic operations on record fields return incorrect results in certain cases if the "Optimization" compiler option is enabled
RSP-43235    Structure view and Search for a method box no longer populated
RSP-43007    Internal compiler error F2084
RSP-42860    FMX TListBox List Index Out OF Bounds
RSP-42692    Ctrl-j - invoke template don’t work
RSP-42682    TreeView crash
RSP-42657    TTreeview crashes when scrolling in iOS
RSP-42634    QBE component causes fatal IDE crash when removed from form
RSP-42616    FMX: Key Handling different behavior in Delphi 12
RSP-42601    TURI with encoded Params are mangled when initialized

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

31 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

List of QP issues addressed in the patch:

RSP-43274    Arithmetic operations on record fields return incorrect results in certain cases if the "Optimization" compiler option is enabled

Wow! I think I'll open a bottle of wine today 🙂

• Haha 2

For me license servers are still down.

14 minutes ago, ertank said:

For me license servers are still down.

For activation of an installation?

license.embarcadero.com gives error in the installer.

1 minute ago, ertank said:

license.embarcadero.com gives error in the installer.

Is this during the activation of the installation in the installation process?
Was there a specific error?  Anything in the install log that gives a clue to the nature of the error?

http://license.embarcadero.com works - so the server is online...

I guess this is the reason for 

There is still ongoing work to provide some missing packages, which we are aiming to complete by this week.

Edited by Uwe Raabe

Cool, thx. Now I have to figure out why my new D12 not listed on that page. Can't see any "register product" menu.

1 hour ago, Attila Kovacs said:

Is there an offline installer for that? 

(deletia)R120.patch1-20240131.zip

• Thanks 1

I just installed the patch I downloaded from Getit without any issues. 

Is it running very quickly for everyone else as well, now?   

• Like 1

I have spotted this warning about the patch 1 for C++ users....

Oliver Weinheimer

I just installed the patch. I’m a C++ user – couldn’t build my projects with 12.0, when building a package components don’t show up. But this is another story. OK.

At least I was able to build test projects with 12.0. Now after the patch, RAD Studio can no longer link a bare C++ VCL project without anything in it for Win64 (Win32 works). For Win64 I get:

[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file ‘;E:\RADSTUDIO12BETA\JEDI\JCL-MASTER\JCL\LIB\D29\WIN64;C:\USERS\x y\DOCUMENTS\EMBARCADERO\STUDIO\23.0\CATALOGREPOSITORY\JEDICODELIBRARYJCL-2023.11\LIB\D29\WIN64;C:\USERS\PUBLIC\DOCUMENTS\EMBARCADERO\STUDIO\23.0\DCP\WIN64\RELEASE;C:\USERS\PUBLIC\D’

The only thing I did was installing the patch!!!

Oliver posted this in the comments section at the bottom of this page

https://blogs.embarcadero.com/getit-update-additional-rad-studio-12-getit-packages-are-now-available/

@Roger Cigol - That is multiple paths ... has the Path been corrupted somehow?

In a fight club context, I am not happy about that first path name.

The problem was - as one might suspect - a path problem. Going to "Tools->Options->Language->C++->Paths and Definitions". Then Platfrom Win64, and then under Library path all paths were created multiple times - not just the JEDI paths, so e.g. "$(BDSLIB)\win64\release" was several times in the list. This probably resulted in a string that was too long and caused the link command to fail. Sorry - I have nothing good to say about 12.0 - it's just a mess. And I am a patient person. The last few weeks have been scary. But hopefully it continues, hope dies last.

I have just installed RAD Studio 12.0 path 1 using Getit. It all ran through smoothly - no errors reported. I got the readme displayed at the end with the patch 1 information. 

My original installation was done from the downloaded RAD Studio 12.0 ISO. 

I can build a complex VCL C++ 64 bit project - no errors, as before (using TwineCompile).

Only problem I have is that the IDE still says "patch available" and the Help | About does not mention the patch 1 upgrade.

Note; My installation is a bit unusual in that my original install is to D:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\23.0   Note; D drive rather than C drive !

Using BeyondCompare on the data obtained by Help | About and then clicking on "Version Information...." does show many newer version numbered files 

and in my ....\Studio\23.0 installation directory I do have a new directory called _patch-backup which contains all the old files, so I am sure my patch installation

has gone in ok.

I really like the visual assist integration in C++ for RAD Studio 12.0. It all seems to work well and is a very useful addition to the editing experience.

Getit struggles to install the new patch 1. I installed Delphi with Webinstaller. When i run tGetit,  the log says:

[2024-02-08 14:23:25] [DEBUG] Installing Deferred Library "RAD Studio 12 Patch 1"...
[2024-02-08 14:23:31] [DEBUG] Downloading Deferred Library "RAD Studio 12 Patch 1"...
[2024-02-08 14:24:00] [DEBUG] Extracting Deferred Library "RAD Studio 12 Patch 1" to "C:\Users\jeanmarck.DEHACO\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\23.0\CatalogRepository\12Patch-Patch1\". This could take a while...
[2024-02-08 14:24:00] [ERROR] Problem beim Extrahieren der komprimierten Datei: [EAbZipInvalid] Ungültige Datei - keine PKZip-Datei
[2024-02-08 14:24:00] [DEBUG] Extraction of "RAD Studio 12 Patch 1" completed with success.
[2024-02-08 14:24:00] [DEBUG] UpdateStatus: [-105] Problem when extracting compressed file.
[2024-02-08 14:24:00] [ERROR] Cannot load data from the server: 
Problem when extracting compressed file.
[2024-02-08 14:24:00] [ERROR] Error when installing "RAD Studio 12 Patch 1".

Any idea what the problem could be?

It was the Sophos virus scanner. I could have figured it out earlier....