Hans♫

Delphi and the new Apple M1 CPU

On 2/8/2021 at 3:17 PM, Dalija Prasnikar said:

I just voted. 

the first time I could not see the area where to click to add a vote, but after couple of hours I went back to see the description and I was able to vote.
I really hope they fix it fast,
I purchased an M1 just to test the project I'm working on and now I can't debug. I'm also facing issues where the app works great on an intel machine but fails on an M1 one.
we have to wait at least 8 months for 10.5 to be able to target arm.  

10 hours ago, Nasreddine said:

I'm also facing issues where the app works great on an intel machine but fails on an M1 one.

I have not seen any yet. Where do you experience problems?

10 hours ago, Nasreddine said:

we have to wait at least 8 months for 10.5 to be able to target arm.  

Maybe. There is a chance that you could implement debugging without offering arm as a target, but I suppose it would rely on the Rosetta 2 emulator, if that implements mapping of instructions and memory for debugging purpose. With the limited development ressources that Embarcadero can put into it, we are probably not seeing debugging support for the M1 until they make a full support of the M1 ARM target.

@Hans♫ it was permission errors but the new 11.1.2 BigSur update fixed them for the M1 target.

we are probably not seeing debugging support for the M1 until they make a full support of the M1 ARM target.

this is a confirmed guess I think, we asked them on the latest webinar and they said that they know about the problem but they can not give any time frame about the solution.   

• Like 1

https://www.theverge.com/22383598/parallels-desktop-mac-windows-10-install-m1-macbook

Parallels is releasing an update to its Desktop virtual machine software that allows M1 Mac owners to install Windows 10 on Arm. Parallels Desktop 16.5 now includes the necessary native support to run the Arm version of Windows on M1 chips, following Apple’s decision not to support Boot Camp on M1 Macs.

The latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac now allows M1 Mac owners to run Windows 10 on Arm apps or traditional x86 apps side by side with Mac or iOS apps on Big Sur. There will be some app limitations on the Windows 10 on Arm side, thanks to its own app emulation, but Windows 10 on Arm will soon support x64 app emulation, too.