Daniele Teti

Job Offer - 5 Delphi Devs for bit Time Professionals

bit Time Professionals s.r.l., a software company based in Rome (IT) with branches in Europe, is looking for 5 Delphi Developers. 
We have availability for both for contract work or permanent positions.

Mandatory qualifications:
- In-depth and current knowledge of Delphi (recent versions, at least from Delphi 10 Seattle onwards)
- Excellent knowledge of OOP, OOD and design pattern
- Knowledge of SQL and interfacing with relational databases
- Knowledge in RESTful API design and development
- Autonomy and problem solving attitude
- Knowledge of Italian and/or English

Appreciated optional skills:
- DelphiMVCFramework
- Python
- C#
- Javascript/TypeScript
- React, Angular, Vuejs or similar

Other information:
- Work office in Rome (italy) or fully remote

- Frequent Internal trainings
- Fringe benefit

Remuneration commensurate with the experience and knowledge demonstrated during the technical interview.

Gross Annual Salary starting from 32K (will be discussed after tech interview)

Company website https://www.bittimeprofessionals.com/

Send CV to professionals@bittime.it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Darian Miller said:

Is that a typo?

No, but that's in Europe, so you can't compare salaries easily to US salaries, even if you convert EUR to US$.

Looks a bit on the low side to me too though, especially for Rome, but I am not that familiar with salaries and cost of living in Italy either.

• Like 2

EUR and USD are almost equal right now.

I was paid $32k back in 1982.

Current salaries are around $100k, and even really cheap Delphi devs are $70k.

Full stack web devs are up to $150k. Delphi is a "full-stack" tool, but nobody seems to regard it as such. 🙂

• Like 4

On 11/15/2022 at 3:19 AM, Daniele Teti said:

Gross Annual Salary starting from 32K (will be discussed after tech interview)

LOL, for one or all five?

Can't imagine a first-world currency where that is a reasonable starting point.

Once a German company wanted to hire me but the employer want to keep the third amount of the salary with him for 5 years so he ensure that I dont leave him before 5 years. It is like slavery 

1 hour ago, William23668 said:

Once a German company wanted to hire me but the employer want to keep the third amount of the salary with him for 5 years so he ensure that I dont leave him before 5 years. It is like slavery 

That would have been, and still is, illegal 

• Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 10:38 AM, David Schwartz said:

EUR and USD are almost equal right now.

I was paid $32k back in 1982.

Current salaries are around $100k, and even really cheap Delphi devs are $70k.

Full stack web devs are up to $150k. Delphi is a "full-stack" tool, but nobody seems to regard it as such. 🙂

European companies pay a lot of charges not included in the announced salary.

In the US all charges are for the employees.

Salaries can't be compared.

2 minutes ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

European companies pay a lot of charges not included in the announced salary.

Salaries can't be compared.

True, but all the same, that salary is pretty terrible even in Europe, considering the experience they are asking for. 

12 hours ago, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

This is absolutely untrue.

What they call "burdened head count" adds around 50% of the salary.

Right off the top, about 1/3 of an employee's salary is added-on for Government mandated taxes as well as things that employers typically pay just to be competitive.

You can opt to get paid as an "independent contractor", but Congress has made it nearly impossible in engineering fields here in America to know how an IRS agent auditing your business might rule on that. As a result, very few companies are willing to risk it. But if a US Citizen can get the employer to treat them as a "1099 worker", you can easily boost your "salary" by 25%-30% to arrive at your hourly compensation, because you won't get any of the benefits you'd get as an employee.

You guys who work outside of the US as "contractors" to US companies ARE most likely paid on a 1099 basis because a big chunk of those "employee benefits" are worthless to foreigners. And the IRS will never question your employment status (contractor vs. employee) since you won't pay US taxes.

The compensation indicated is commensurate in Italy for a young developer hired as an employee. For living and working in Rome (as well as in Milan) perhaps it could be increased, but for working remotely outside the big cities it is in line with the market.

If you worked as a collaborator, it depends on the workload you have to carry out: if you worked full-time, the proposed compensation would cover around 3 months of work (always remotely).

Bye

22 hours ago, David Schwartz said:

This is absolutely untrue.

What they call "burdened head count" adds around 50% of the salary.

thanks for the update 🙂

On 6/6/2023 at 5:07 AM, David Schwartz said:

You can opt to get paid as an "independent contractor", but Congress has made it nearly impossible in engineering fields here in America to know how an IRS agent auditing your business might rule on that.

You can start a legal entity, like an LLC, then it would be considered Corp-to-Corp.

1 hour ago, Rick_Delphi said:

You can start a legal entity, like an LLC, then it would be considered Corp-to-Corp.

We're talking about liabilities here. 

Corp-to-Corp is NOT an "independent contractor" nor a 1099 tax situation. The legal and financial liabilities don't apply in Corp-to-Corp engagements as they do with IC's and personal 1099s, which is why C2C is preferred.

However, can you explain why a lot of job shops won't hire you if your business entity is set up as a typical LLC (ie, a pass-through entity)?

Corp-to-Corp MEANS just what it says. Some places might be dumb enough to hire you thru an LLC not taxed as a C-Corp, but that's only because they haven't been burned yet by a regular LLC they hired. Or their corporate attorney isn't aware of the liabilities that pass-thru LLCs come with. (You might like them, but the hiring agency certainly won't once they understand them.)

It's a good thing we have lawyers. Otherwise I would understand everything:classic_laugh:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, David Schwartz said:

1. The legal and financial liabilities don't apply in Corp-to-Corp

2. However, can you explain why a lot of job shops won't hire you if your business entity is set up as a typical LLC (ie, a pass-through entity)?

3. Corp-to-Corp MEANS just what it says.

1. Yep, that's why I brought it up.

2. I have no idea why some shops won't hire with pass-thru taxation. It's a taxation issue and having employees working on contracts won't affect those contracts even with pass-thru taxation. Also, it's not required that an LLC opt into pass-thru. It can be taxed as a corp.

3. An LLC is a separate legal entity, used by both small and large companies. Some of the largest companies on the planet use LLCs. Hiring agency? Why would I need them if I can B2B the contract and just have the client write me a check like any other B2B arrangement?

On 6/5/2023 at 2:53 PM, Patrick PREMARTIN said:

Wrong. That would only be the case for 1099 contractors, but by definition, they are not employees.

In the US, the employer is responsible for half of the employee's FICA taxes, and typically pays the bulk of health insurance premiums, though the latter depends a lot on the company and state.

7 hours ago, Rick_Delphi said:

2. I have no idea why some shops won't hire with pass-thru taxation. It's a taxation issue and having employees working on contracts won't affect those contracts even with pass-thru taxation. Also, it's not required that an LLC opt into pass-thru. It can be taxed as a corp.

It has nothing to do with taxes, per se. Look up the term "charging order" for LLCs and how they come about. They sound pretty nasty for the LLC, except for single-member LLCs.

6 hours ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

So, if you're in USA get $100k/yr, what real income is?

That depends on where you live and how you file your taxes (joint? single?), and how many children you have.

If your salary is 100k a year, the employer cost is more like 150k.

Your federal tax on 100k would be at a marginal rate of around 20% with the current tax brackets but that depends on whether you file single or joint with a spouse (and if that latter, what the combined total would be). You would also be paying 50% of your FICA taxes (social security & other entitlements). You would not "take home" more than 80k if your salary were 100k. Probably much less depending on where you live; then you pay state taxes, unless you live in a state with no income tax. There is also a standard deduction taken off your income that you won't be taxed on, etc.

Anyone who thinks shifting all of this burden to employers is not thinking straight. They would not just eat these costs. Real wages would adjust to account for it. Employers already have a very high cost of employment that is not reflected in a paycheck stub.

100k a year is not what it was 30 years ago, that much is for sure.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, David Schwartz said:

It has nothing to do with taxes, per se. Look up the term "charging order" for LLCs and how they come about. They sound pretty nasty for the LLC, except for single-member LLCs.

The only thing I know of is a charging order redirects LLC distributions of a debtor. Is there a specific example you can give me other than that?

9 hours ago, Brandon Staggs said:

100k a year is not what it was 30 years ago, that much is for sure.

You're telling me! Oh my, the US is looking terrible these days.

11 hours ago, Rick_Delphi said:

Oh my, the US is looking terrible these days

There are plenty of places where this "terrible" looks like Heavens

• Haha 1