DelphiUdIT

Delphi 12.2 Patch 1

7 minutes ago, Vandrovnik said:

With my applications, there is no IDE freezing.

I'm working with 12.2 Patch 1 on my productive system now for five days and I also don't see any problems debugging. The only problem appeared directly after the update, caused by an internal package compiled without the patch and resolved by recompiling.

The build system was updated before to allow for testing the compatibility of packages compiled with Patch 1 on a system without.

I don't have any IDE experts installed (except BCompare), no Parnassus, no getit package except D4P, JCL, JVCL and Indy compiled from github. I removed FIREUILivePreview and EMS components (not compatibles with Indy from github).

Except for what I have signaled on QP (AV when switch from Delphi to Mixed Delphi / C++ prj and a Issue with project panel view). I don't have other problems.

I used Rad Studio, and switch without close it from Win64 Delphi project and Android Delphi project with debugging either. Changed also the SDK settings (for various release of  Android). Always without close the IDE.

No issue at all. Like others I'm lucky.

Edited by DelphiUdIT

1 hour ago, Brandon Staggs said:

How about removing all of your third-party components from the IDE, and adding each one back until you determine which one is the problem?

I work 9/10 hours a day with Delphi, among other things these things also happen to my colleague on another PC.
Delphi is full of bugs and the patches for each version are very few. Version 12.1 has received only one patch since its release and there will not be any more because now version 12.2 has been released.
Version 12.2 however is full of new bugs that do not allow me to work.
I have opened at least 4 cases with Embarcadero on their portal for new problems with the new release. One in particular does not allow me to work with version 12.2 of Delphi.
I must therefore continue to work with version 12.1 which allows me to work even if it slows down my work a lot.

I'm not a college student, I'm not playing, my time is money.

1 hour ago, gioma said:

I work 9/10 hours a day with Delphi, among other things these things also happen to my colleague on another PC.
Delphi is full of bugs and the patches for each version are very few. Version 12.1 has received only one patch since its release and there will not be any more because now version 12.2 has been released.
Version 12.2 however is full of new bugs that do not allow me to work.
I have opened at least 4 cases with Embarcadero on their portal for new problems with the new release. One in particular does not allow me to work with version 12.2 of Delphi.
I must therefore continue to work with version 12.1 which allows me to work even if it slows down my work a lot.

I'm not a college student, I'm not playing, my time is money.

The problem described sounds like what happens when a third-party component is crashing the IDE. Nobody at Embarcadero can help with that issue, you will need to resolve it on your own. Assuming that is the problem of course, but you would need to take a few minutes to figure that out. 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Brandon Staggs said:

The problem described sounds like what happens when a third-party component is crashing the IDE. Nobody at Embarcadero can help with that issue, you will need to resolve it on your own. Assuming that is the problem of course, but you would need to take a few minutes to figure that out. 🤷‍♂️

The problem is that Delphi often crashes when searching for words, which I have to use because Code Insight often doesn't work.
It happens mostly on large projects, while it is much rarer on small projects (that use the same components).
I don't think it depends on Third Party Components.. 

This NEVER happens with Visual Studio.. NEVER!

4 hours ago, Vandrovnik said:

Does it happen even in clean Delphi installation? With my applications, there is no IDE freezing.

On that computer there has never been a Delphi 12 installation (only 2007, XE2 and 10.2). The only addon is GExperts. No additional components. 

I think that's a pretty clean installation.

19 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

I think that's a pretty clean installation.

Try without GExperts.