Jump to content
Yaron

Any update on the v10.3.3 release?

Recommended Posts

Even though I have a subscription, I did not receive an invitation and now I have a quick Android project that I wanted to beta-test through the play store and... impossible.

 

While this is a small hurdle now, there are projects that are due in a month or two that I simple can't release, it doesn't seem like google is accepting exemptions on new projects.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Please email Calvin Tang at Embarcadero. His email address is the usual pattern, i.e. firstname.lastname@embarcadero.com

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm wondering if there's a release date planned, I hate installing Delphi each time, takes a while to get everything re-configured on a clean install and doing in-place upgrades has been hit & miss for me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dave Nottage said:

Please email Calvin Tang at Embarcadero. His email address is the usual pattern, i.e. firstname.lastname@embarcadero.com

Or email the RAD Studio beta directly: rad.beta@embarcadero.com

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Yaron said:

I'm wondering if there's a release date planned

Nothing has been announced publicly yet.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Yaron said:

I hate installing Delphi each time, takes a while to get everything re-configured on a clean install

 

Use a virtual machine.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

Use a virtual machine.

I use a VM. Installing a new Delphi update is just as much of a PITA on a VM as on a host machine.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Just got word from google that my 32bit project that was in beta would not be approved for the extension, not sure if it was because it was in beta or if I requested the extension too late.

 

It's a shame that Embarcadero couldn't get the extension accepted all the way to the actual release date of v10.3.3.

 

Now I'm stuck between a choice of two bad options:

1. Waste hours installing a beta version.

2. Wait an unknown period of time with the hope that a release will be out soon.

 

All this while the clock is ticking on my subscription and without the ability to release anything for Android.

 

Edited by Yaron
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Yaron said:

Just got word from google that my 32bit project that was in beta would not be approved for the extension, not sure if it was because it was in beta or if I requested the extension too late.

 

There is ongoing beta open for people on update subscription. You can participate and use it for publishing 64bit app on Play Store.

 

https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/addressing-ios-13-and-android-64-bit-with-rad-studio 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

There is ongoing beta open for people on update subscription. You can participate and use it for publishing 64bit app on Play Store.

 

https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/addressing-ios-13-and-android-64-bit-with-rad-studio 

I'm aware of the beta, but like I wrote above, I would like to avoid wasting an entire work day installing & configuring a beta version of Delphi if the final release is just around the corner.

And if it's not just around the corner then my subscription might end and I'll be stuck with a beta version.

 

Like I wrote, no good options for me to plan for when no release information is forthcoming.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Yaron said:

I'm aware of the beta, but like I wrote above, I would like to avoid wasting an entire work day installing & configuring a beta version of Delphi if the final release is just around the corner.

And if it's not just around the corner then my subscription might end and I'll be stuck with a beta version.

 

Like I wrote, no good options for me to plan for when no release information is forthcoming.

You will not get answer to your question. Release dates are unknown to the public.  Once version is released it is announced and that is it. Anything else is speculating.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Yaron said:

And if it's not just around the corner then my subscription might end and I'll be stuck with a beta version.

Well, then simply renew your subscription and you are good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Release dates are unknown to the public.

They're unknown internally too. I'll never forget the time Marco scheduled a preview webinar for an upcoming release and Embarcadero went and released it two or three days before the preview was scheduled! Marco joked it was now a "postview webinar", but it struck  me as strange that not even the project manager had any idea when the product would be released.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Joseph MItzen said:

it struck  me as strange that not even the project manager had any idea when the product would be released.

I am pretty sure he definitely had an idea, but then things were going to change a bit. Let's see the positive side: Embarcadero obviously has some sort of agile culture.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Alexander Elagin said:

Deja vu :classic_rolleyes:

When an open source project doesn't have a precise release date it's not good but still ok. Especially considering the fact that the project is not backed by IBM, Google or other big entity and people working on the project on spare time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/17/2019 at 3:09 AM, Remy Lebeau said:

Or email the RAD Studio beta directly: rad.beta@embarcadero.com 

Since I've now reached a point where I must take action, I've done as you suggested, hopefully the process will be speedy.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/24/2019 at 1:21 AM, Joseph MItzen said:

They're unknown internally too. I'll never forget the time Marco scheduled a preview webinar for an upcoming release and Embarcadero went and released it two or three days before the preview was scheduled! Marco joked it was now a "postview webinar", but it struck  me as strange that not even the project manager had any idea when the product would be released.

I remember that as well..a bit sad in my view.

 

So, there is Embarcadero and then there is Delphi's Product Manager. I wonder how this works...

 

Feels like the product manager is a freelance and outsourced position:classic_unsure:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe - but the PM is clearly not outsourced.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, John Kouraklis said:

I remember that as well..a bit sad in my view.

 

So, there is Embarcadero and then there is Delphi's Product Manager. I wonder how this works...

 

Feels like the product manager is a freelance and outsourced position:classic_unsure:

I had someone from inside Embarcadero tell me once about the layers of management. When I mentioned this, Marco told me that my understanding of the hierarchy was wrong and proceeded to try to explain it to me. Rather than convincing me that it was simpler, I felt like I needed flowchart paper to follow his explanation. 🙂 From what I recall there was a manager to manage the coders as well as the product manager (which he mentioned entailed a bit of marketing in the job description) and then when AppMethod was cancelled Sara DuPont because a sort of "co-manager", etc. Before Idera at least there were various Vice-Presidents in charge of software, etc. In neither version did I get an idea that there was one clear person in charge of guiding Delphi. Maybe things are different now with Idera and Atanas Popov.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×