end;

I get:

[Window Title]
Project1

[Content]
01.01.0601 10:46:47 AM

[OK]

Seems to return wrong value...

That is not only value it fails... I make bug report...

https://embt.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/RSS-1747

Edited by Tommi Prami

Does anybody know how that Smart Codeinsight is supposed to work? I enabled it, setup the base url and api key etc., but thats it, nowhere anything to invoke the chat window. The popup menu of the selected source does not have anything related to AI.

Edited by softtouch

1 hour ago, corneliusdavid said:

Right+Click in the Code Editor and select "Smart CodeInsight" and select "AI Chat".

I dont have that entry in the popup menu, thats the problem.

EDIT: After uninstalling madExcept, it suddenly appeared.

Edited by softtouch

So the Delphi 64 bit compiler and 64 bit lsp are only in the expensive enterprise and architect versions? Why is that?

Just now, softtouch said:

So the Delphi 64 bit compiler and 64 bit lsp are only in the expensive enterprise and architect versions? Why is that?

From the "What's new" presentation, it was said that the primary benefit is to extremely large applications (LoC, etc) and that companies with applications that large already used Enterprise or Architect.

1 minute ago, JonRobertson said:

From the "What's new" presentation, it was said that the primary benefit is to extremely large applications (LoC, etc) and that companies with applications that large already used Enterprise or Architect.

So they assume that user using the Pro version do not create large projects? I think its more a money thing again.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, JonRobertson said:

Companies with applications that large already used Enterprise or Architect.

A gross generalisation on their part. It's entirely possible to create large applications without using a single Enterprise/Archtect feature. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

A gross generalisation on their part. It's entirely possible to create large applications without using a single Enterprise/Archtect feature. 

I have been using Delphi for our software since version 1.0 and the latest project exceeds 22 million lines of code,

but I have never felt the need to have the Enterprise or Architect version.

Software products are tied to hardware equipment and 99% of the time they are free so keeping a

subscription alive for Enterprise/Architect would become too costly for a small company.

A missed opportunity in my case, I am continuing with the Pro version.

In any case, Delphi remains and will remain my favorite development tool.

Edited by shineworld

3 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

It's entirely possible to create large applications without using a single Enterprise/Archtect feature. 

The people responsible for the feature matrix obviously have another look at things as we developers.

• Like 1

Because I have a small, 128GB hdd in my tablet, I want to install on an external SSD drive. 

What are the pros and cons for installing on another drive?

On 9/13/2024 at 11:27 PM, Vincent Parrett said:

I agree 100%.

7 hours ago, JohnLM said:

Because I have a small, 128GB hdd in my tablet, I want to install on an external SSD drive. 

What are the pros and cons for installing on another drive?

Con: You have to have the external drive attached to use the application. :classic_wink: