DelphiUdIT

Delphi 12.2 Patch 1

It is quite a number while most of us expected a fix for RSS-1944 only.

Broke the current MMX & cnWizards.  😞

Edited by Ian Branch

this is not sustainable as a process to get updates to the end users. 

I just spent 2 days of work updating our buildmachine from11.x to 12.2.

Can start over now?

6 hours ago, mvanrijnen said:

this is not sustainable as a process to get updates to the end users. 

I just spent 2 days of work updating our buildmachine from11.x to 12.2.

Can start over now?

Totally agree. So instead of downloading a larger patch I have to download a 7Gb iso and then have to re-install most of my components.

51 minutes ago, KenR said:

Totally agree. So instead of downloading a larger patch I have to download a 7Gb iso and then have to re-install most of my components.

According to the release announcement, you shouldn't have to reinstall any installed components, only GetIt packages.

1 hour ago, Remy Lebeau said:

According to the release announcement, you shouldn't have to reinstall any installed components, only GetIt packages.

My experience today is that if the Library installs or updates by building its .bpl, .dcp & .dcu files than they need to be rebuilt with D12.2 p1.

This I suspect is due to the binary incompatability that occurred with D12.2.  Now rectified.

Make sure to uninstall the Parnassus plugins before installing the patch.

• Like 2

And it came out just short after my subscription expired...

I downloaded the patch from getit. When I start it, it tells me that it will uninstall 12.2 (I cancelled that). I assume that after it uninstalls 12.2, the installer will tell me that it cant install the patch because my subscription is expired, and I might end up with no more delphi installation. Am I right?

Edited by softtouch

You can test this by doing a fresh install in a vanilla VM.

Nevertheless that is an interesting question. Usually patches seemed to be free for existing installations, but as this is an inline release you might be right.

47 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

You can test this by doing a fresh install in a vanilla VM.

Nevertheless that is an interesting question. Usually patches seemed to be free for existing installations, but as this is an inline release you might be right.

I would try that if I could install it. I tried installing my registered 12.2 and it popup the registration wizard and when I enter my EDN login and serial, I only get an error that I have to enter a valid serial number in order to install Delphi 12.2.

It looks like once the license is expired, I cant even install older Delphi versions. That sucks! I paid for a product which I cannot install, funny.