Daniel

Delphi 10.3 Update 2 available

On 7/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, Sherlock said:

Yeah, just did that successfully. Or rather I had to delete it and reactivate it. Just updating it was not enough.

I also deleted and re-added my serial but still cannot get osx64 to compile :(

Works fine for osx32, but for osx64 it just prompts to add SDK, After I press OK (with Command Line Tools) nothing happens. All I get is [Error] and Failed in the log.

1 hour ago, Erix A. said:

But you are on an active Update Subscription, aren't you?

Yo,

Does anyone have 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 available?  Would be cool to see some diff and/or analysis of RTL and/or VCL changes between the two,

-Tee-

1 hour ago, Tommi Prami said:

es anyone have 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 available?  Would be cool to see some diff and/or analysis of RTL and/or VCL changes between the two,

You're probably not allowed to publish such a comparison.

17 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Yes - and I don't believe it is a restriction of the CE.

I don't know how was after clear installation... probably good.

After installation I added: IdeFixPack, DDevExtensions, CnPack last nighty build and TortoiseSVN Add-In for Delphi.

One of these additions has broken the icons. After uninstall all additions I have not icons in menu.

Now I try reinstall Delphi but... again all servers embarcadero are down. Of course, I first uninstalled delphi...

Edited by ŁukaszDe
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, ŁukaszDe said:

Of course, I first uninstalled delphi...

If Delphi users could learn from the past, Idera might have a problem. 😉

Same here. Decided to wait a few days and to update on a wednesday. Now it's 9am and Rio is uninstalled, I can't work on what I was supposed to do. The installer is stuck on platform selection with a Forbidden error.

Get it is down, so is https://cc.embarcadero.com/reg/delphi

@C2H After reading this thread, you did create a snapshot or something comparable before starting the update, right? Just roll back, continue working and try again later.

3 hours ago, Tommi Prami said:

Yo,

Does anyone have 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 available?  Would be cool to see some diff and/or analysis of RTL and/or VCL changes between the two,

-Tee-

Would be probably too much, I just checked the diff files only of Delhi sources: 235 files.

Better to make such analysis with your own git/diff tool, and search for certain areas of interest.

15 hours ago, Erix A. said:

Works fine for osx32, but for osx64 it just prompts to add SDK, After I press OK (with Command Line Tools) nothing happens. All I get is [Error] and Failed in the log.

Try to install Xcode on your Mac.

5 hours ago, Tommi Prami said:

Yo,

-Tee-

I think, reading the log will be much easier: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/New_features_and_customer_reported_issues_fixed_in_RAD_Studio_10.3.2

15 hours ago, Erix A. said:

Most likely path to Command Line Tools on your Mac is not properly set. 

How to check and setup you can find at Troubleshooting (macOS and iOS) section  http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/SDK_Manager

Or if you have Xcode installed you can go to Preferences and set Location (path) to Command Line Tools http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/Installing_the_Xcode_Command_Line_Tools_on_a_Mac

Edited by Dalija Prasnikar

18 hours ago, Erix A. said:

I had exactly the same problem and solved it with xcode-select. XCode was installed, but not the default.

// situation before

xcode-select -p
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools

// action

sudo xcode-select --reset

// situation after

xcode-select -p
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

• Thanks 1

Tried to compile my project for macosx64, but it looks like it got stuck in a loop and is recompiling the same units over and over again. 

3 minutes ago, Erix A. said:

recompiling the same units over and over again

Isn't that what they call cyclic dependency:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Isn't that what they call cyclic dependency:classic_biggrin:

Yeah, especially when osx32 takes  9.28 seconds to compile the same project.

And osx64 just completed after about 10 minutes with [dccosx64 Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001). Nice.

I installed 10.3.2 and the installation was completed successfully.

Now, I open the IDE, create a new application (no matter what type), hit run with debugging. All well here.

Then, I close the app and the IDE goes back to the (non-debug) layout but the run/debug buttons are disabled.

When I try to compile/build/run the app again I get the dialog box saying that there is an active debugging process and if I want to terminate/detach/etc.

The Task Manager doesn't show the app running so I think the debug hooks somehow are not destroyed.

What can I do to resolve this?