ŁukaszDe

Delphi 12.1 is available

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Not really... but 

• there is a bug where new users doesn't get added to the appropriate group aka Embarcadero Customers,
     something that prevents you from seeing issues that others have posted

well, at the end it's an April Fools' Joke indeed.

Edited by Attila Kovacs

@Attila Kovacs

It seems that if you register an issue in the new Jira, you will be added to the group automagically.

But, please enter an actual issue, not just a BS one.  

They are working on a fix for the group assignment.

17 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

It seems that if you register an issue in the new Jira, you will be added to the group automagically.

Thanks Lars, that did the trick indeed.

I'm still not satisfied with the new system.

It's similar as the "new forum" was = lame AF.

4 minutes ago, Attila Kovacs said:

I'm still not satisfied with the new system.

It's similar as the "new forum" was = lame AF.

You are not wrong, but it beats no system.

• Like 1

After Install D12.1 it looks like ok, but all win64 path settings are lost 😞 Hade to reinstall my 3-party components

2 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

You are not wrong, but it beats no system.

Thought the point was for it to be better than the last system..

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, gkobler said:

After Install D12.1 it looks like ok, but all win64 path settings are lost

Was just going to look at that.. one 'good' thing EMBT has taught me is to generate a snapshot before attempting any installation..

DId a registry compare and it wiped out the path and the Win64 Library Path..

Edited by FredS
Verified

18 minutes ago, FredS said:

Thought the point was for it to be better than the last system..

No. The point was that Atlassian has discontinued supporting on-premise servers and asked customers to migrate to the Atlassian hosted version, as said in the blog post announcing the migration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dummzeuch said:

No. The point was that Atlassian has discontinued supporting on-premise servers and asked customers to migrate to the Atlassian hosted version, as said in the blog post announcing the migration.

image.thumb.png.41bc96e018d4e0c700b602fe4ff4e1eb.png

Sounds like better to me..

8 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:
  • still missing a full port of issues from the old JIRA

They are working on both

I know of no public indication that they are working on porting the existing issues from the old QP to the new one.

As part of their FAQ:
https://blogs.embarcadero.com/the-new-quality-portal-is-live-here-are-the-details/

• Will I be able to see the old QP issues on the new Quality Portal?
    • No. The systems are synchronized internally and we refer to both but there is no current way of surfacing a link between the old and new systems.

1 hour ago, Darian Miller said:

No. The systems are synchronized internally and we refer to both but there is no current way of surfacing a link between the old and new systems.

Wasn't another point to finally merge those internal and external issues.. now all external ones have become internal..

5 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

No. The point was that Atlassian has discontinued supporting on-premise servers

That would have had zero impact on their self-hosted Jira since its support expired 7 years ago anyway.

I'm not saying I don't understand why they would want to migrate to something else, but the reason you state ain't it.

9 hours ago, gkobler said:

After Install D12.1 it looks like ok, but all win64 path settings are lost 😞 Hade to reinstall my 3-party components

Ditto.

15 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

Ditto.

Same. Didn't realize it till I checked just now as I had to yet to try and compile/build anything for a Windows 64-bit target that used non-GetIt third party components.

Posted (edited)

Reported - RSS-475 in the new Quality Portal.

Edited by Ian Branch

7 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

Reported - RSS-475 in the new Quality Portal.

Just wanted to read and comment on  it, but that weird new portal does not list any report for me.

On 4/4/2024 at 3:19 PM, Der schöne Günther said:

why is the .iso just 730 Megabytes?

Mine is 7.24 GB

3 hours ago, softtouch said:

Just wanted to read and comment on  it, but that weird new portal does not list any report for me.

Click the Requests button.

2 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

Click the Requests button.

Yes, that will just return "We couldn’t find any requests"

1 hour ago, softtouch said:

Yes, that will just return "We couldn’t find any requests"

Look there, or you should wait...

Immediate code-completion is good. Dreamed for it for a long time. Additional code-completion settings - also cool. :classic_smile:

On 4/5/2024 at 3:54 PM, FredS said:

Wasn't another point to finally merge those internal and external issues.. now all external ones have become internal..

Their initial plans failed to materialize.  I think they believed some 3rd party that was going to help them migrate to the new system and that 3rd party over-promised and under-delivered and left Embarcadero holding the bag.

The proof is simple - on January 27th, Marco publicly stated that the time to switch was 'now' and the new portal would be available at the end of the `next week`.  After more than 2 months, the new portal finally became available on April 5th with zero items available from the old QP in the new system.   They apparently have some internal way that the three systems are inter-connected (Old Public QP, New Public QP, Old Internal QP.)

I'll have to update my outage blog post as I haven't touched it since "Update 19" back on March 18th.  https://ideasawakened.com/post/embarcadero-network-issues

After updating to 12.1 I can no longer use the "Evaluate/Modify" feature (ctrl + F7). I get the message "Cannot load evaluator". Does it work for anyone else?

This is a big issue for me because Ctrl + F7 is my main debugging tool and I've been using that shortcut since the Turbo Pascal days.

Untitled.thumb.png.694eb2ac9f089df53db5ebd8d5761e4c.png