ŁukaszDe

Delphi 12 is available

2 hours ago, pyscripter said:

Unfortunately though, your [RSP-35301] Option to design in Screen PPI but save in 96 PPI - Embarcadero Technologies is not, despite the many votes it got.  And by the way thanks for your article.  Highly recommended.

The lack of implementing that feature request was the driving force behind writing that article. As long as everybody steps away from designing in High DPI the collected bug reports will only cover the obvious cases but miss the deeper ones. Thus I decided to use the form designer in High DPI for at least one of my projects and see how it goes. Obviously I had to develop a strategy and some workarounds to make it usable in the first place. Publishing it is based on the hope that others also step on that ship and share their findings, too.

• Like 4

As I cannot check with QP in the moment, can you please describe the bug you are referring to?

When you press Ctrl+F 'Whole words' option is checked most of the time, randomly.

i can confirm this bug at D11.3, not testet yet on D12. You can disabled the option in the registry, but it's sometime still active, have not found any reproduced way to find out why.

1 hour ago, dwrbudr said:

The f*king "Search whole words" bug is still here. Unbelievable!

Holy shit. Really? This is so "f*king" annoying.

Edited by Perpeto

7 minutes ago, dwrbudr said:

When you press Ctrl+F 'Whole words' option is checked most of the time, randomly.

A quick check doesn't show this here. Do you have detailed steps to reproduce?

The reason for these "Whole Word" problems was that there was only one setting in the registry for Search (Ctrl-F) and Search in Files (Ctrl-Shift-F). In D12 these are separate settings.

So, if there are still problems they have another cause and steps to reproduce are mandatory to get this fixed.

Edited by Uwe Raabe

15 hours ago, pyscripter said:

if you are  not using C++ Builder. 

And if you ARE using C++ builder version 12.0 does not quite deliver as much as you'd think. The much anticipated new tool chain is only present if a very limited "preview" form.

On 11/8/2023 at 7:28 PM, Uwe Raabe said:

Indeed, for me the biggest enhancement is the handling of font sizes regarding dpi changes.

Like most new features and bug fixes, this introduces new bugs:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-43261

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-43263

Update  I found a third even more serious issue related to the changes introduced for font scaling:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-43270

Edited by pyscripter
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2023 at 5:10 PM, Roger Cigol said:

There's a webinar to tell you exactly this. Tomorrow (9th Nov)

Unfortunately, it seems the webinar has been canceled!

1 minute ago, PeterPanettone said:

Unfortunately, it seems the webinar has been canceled!

Actually it is running in the moment, but the available seats are all occupied.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

available seats

How many available seats are on the Internet?

I had been registered since the webinar announcement. Sadly, Embarcadero did not contact the registered and confirmed participants to inform them that they were excluded.

Edited by PeterPanettone
  • Haha 1

I don't know, but I know that GoToWebinar sessions have a limit for the number of participants.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PeterPanettone said:

Sadly, Embarcadero did not contact the registered and confirmed participants to inform them that they were excluded.

Exclusion happens when you attempt to join. GotoWebinar has a limit of 3000 attendees (Enterprise level). Once the limit has been reached, it refuses subsequent attempts to join.

Edited by Dave Nottage

re:  the webinar

I wouldn't mind a Youtube video link once it's over.

• Like 2

I installed Delphi 12 at home, not on the production PC where I also have Delphi 11.3.
Result: DELPHI 11.3 goes into exception and I can no longer open any project with Alexandria

INCREDIBLE!!!!

image.thumb.png.186becff7984153bd89cfc86123a4c54.png

image.thumb.png.e8dea305055812b203850c4e3b7baea3.png

image.thumb.png.9c6c0fce5efe498d8d8308d49d92ef0f.png 

DO NOT INSTALL DELPHI 12 ON YOUR PRODUCTION PCS!! 

image.png

Edited by gioma

My recommendation is to uninstall any Parnassus add-ons. Shortly after I started using Delphi 11, I installed the Bookmarks and Parallel Debugger add-ons. I was getting constant exceptions, especially when a debugging session ended or I closed the IDE. Once I uninstalled those two add-ons, I no longer had problems with Delphi 11 throwing exceptions.

I have Delphi 11.3 and 12 installed on same laptop here and I am not having those issues.

When I do installations of new software, I always image my current hard drive with Reflect Macrium Reflect Disk Imaging and Backup software. 

If I have a new pc or latop/tablet, I do the following:

1. download the latest Macrium

2. get the new device up and running and make any special settings like

* (like extra large mouse, set keyboard to fast typing, etc.)

3. then I perform an initial image of it as it is.  

4. then I will install any special or new software, like Delphi 12 for instance. 

Once I have 12 installed, then I do another Macrium image of this new setup (hoping that the installation of all the necessary components all work, like mobile compiling to Android, etc). And, assuming that all that went well, I then run some compiling tests, specifically for Android.  If that goes well, I'm done and have my master image.  But if not, then I work out what the issue(s) are, fix them, and do a final Macrium image, test again, and done. 

Thus, this becomes my new master image for developing on this pc/laptop/tablet.  Should I have any future problems, I can alway refer back to the main image and start over from that point. 

I will be doing this process shortly, for Delphi 12.